- Creates Hash value as MD
- Requires symmetric key for initialization
- MAC allows only the party which has the identical Secret Key to execute integrity check for the received message.
- HMAC is a MAC based on the encryption hash function
- HMAC is a combination of Message Digest algorithm and shared Secret Key.
- Signature is different from HMAC because Signature uses the asymmetric key.
- HMAC allows identifying the opponent faster than the signature that uses the RSA algorithm.
Dimit Chadha SECURITY
security security Keys