- CAP theorem is becoming known due to the increase hype around No-SQL database.
- CAP theorem, also known as Brewer’s theorem,
- States that it is impossible for a distributed computer system to simultaneously provide all three of the following guarantees:
- Consistency (all nodes see the same data at the same time)
- Availability (a guarantee that every request receives a response about whether it was successful or failed)
- Partition tolerance (the system continues to operate despite arbitrary message loss). According to the theorem, a distributed system can satisfy any two of these guarantees at the same time, but not all three.
Dimit Chadha ARCHITECTURES · PRINCIPLES